City partnerships can be a successful instrument paving the way to a low-emission economy. They provide a fertile ground for new ideas and mutual learning in the fields of low-emission action, communication and application for funding on both the European and the national level.
The City Partnership Program within this project supports the bilateral collaboration between municipalities in jointly developing tangible solutions for clean air, climate protection and socio-economic benefits on the local level. The overall objective is to strengthen sustainable cooperation between Polish and German municipalities. Four selected partnerships receive a series of services from adelphi and PNEC to realize a project - either jointly or in one of the municipalities with the expertise and feedback of the partner city.
Selected city partnerships
Herten and Szczytno
Ritterhude and Sztum
Rosbach vor der Höhe and Ciechanowiec
Cölbe and Kościerzyna
Our support includes:
- One exclusive annual meeting (2016 to 2018), in addition to other project activities, in order to
- visit projects in the partner city,
- facilitate the development of ideas for the bilateral cooperation and
- prepare for the implementation of a joint project.
- Support in designing a working structure and roadmap for partnership activities corresponding to the municipalities’ interests and needs.
- Invitation of experts to the meetings.
- Support in identifying financial resources for the bilateral cooperation.